Sunday, January 11, 2009

Banana Split Cake


This is honestly, by far, the best cake I've ever made and actually ever tasted. I saw a recipe in a new cookbook I got for Banana Split cupcakes so I kind of tweaked it a little bit and made it into a cake. So let me try and relay what I did as best I can.
Here's what you'll need:
  • Oven preheated at 350 degrees
  • Yellow cake mix (I always use Duncan Hines)
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1 ripe banana mashed well
  • 1 10oz jar of marchiano cherries chopped into quarters
  • 2 tablespoons of juice from marchiano cherries
  • 1/2 of a .9oz box of banana cream jello pudding mix
  • 1/4 cup of cooking oil
  • chocolate syrup
  • sprinkles
  • vanilla frosting
  1. Set aside 2 tablespoons of cake mix
  2. Mix the remaining cake mix, 3 eggs, mashed bananas, 1/2 of pudding mix, and oil until all ingredients are incorporated well.
  3. In separate bowl mix chopped cherries with the 2 tablespoons of cake mix you set aside earlier. Make sure cherries are coated with mix and add to the rest of the cake mix.
  4. Add cherry juice
Now because I was kind of winging this recipe what I did was make sure that the cake batter was the consistency of what any other regular cake batter would be. Not to thick, not to thin. If yours turns out too thin add some more of the pudding mix, if it turns out to thick add a little more cherry juice, water, or oil.
Next you can make this into a cake or cupcakes. The trickier part is the cooking time. Mine took a little over 30 mins. I didn't make cupcakes because my oven tends to burn the bottom while the inside isn't fully cooked. I suggest cooking it for about 15 mins and then checking it every 5 mins or so. When you can insert a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean, it's done.
Let the cake cool so it's room temperature to the touch.
Top the cake with Vanilla frosting:
Drizzle the cake with Chocolate frosting:
Drizzle it with sprinkles!!
And you have a really really great tasting Banana Split Cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment