Sunday, February 15, 2009

My First Specialty Cake

I don't really have a recipe for this one because I just baked a bunch of cakes and put them together in the shape of Optimus Prime. I dyed some vanilla icing and used fondant for the decorations on the top as well as used icing paint to do some other detail work.

I made the cake for my friend Brittany's son's birthday this past September. It took so much more work than I thought it would but I can't wait to make another one. I realized a lot of things I could have done to make it easier and cleaner looking. I think my next one will be for my mom's birthday.

2 comments:

  1. Amy,
    I am so impressed with how much you are doing with cooking and baking! There's a girl here at my work who bakes as well. She does speciality cakes and did a topsy turvy cake for us when the Giants played the Bengals. The website that she loves and always uses for help is www.cakecentral.com. She had to create a login but said it was easy and worth it. She bakes as a hobby and I asked her if she has a blog or website and she said she does but she doesn't keep it up to date. I will search for a picture of the Giants cake she made and send it your way!
    Love you,
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    Very impressive! I enjoyed looking at your work! Keep up the good work you could do parties on the side.Love you much, Laura

    ReplyDelete